Websites are generally functional, commercial complete the sale type sites. Blogging on the other hand is designed to communicate with the masses. When associated with a website they are designed to communicate with customers or potential customers. Blogs are capable of doing more than just communicate; they are ideal aids to the search engine optimization strategy of any website.
Blogging adds to a websites SEO by:
- Providing fresh content – we know search engines love fresh content
- Helping your website grow – another search engine requirement
- Keywords variations – you can target a wider range of keywords including highly targeted long-tale searches.
- Highly relevant content – link to your main website from content/keyword rich pages
- You can submit your blog to blog-specific directories, receiving extra link love.
- Greater social networking and social marketing opportunities
Blogging can help improve your search engine rankings and over time, help you get to the top of the SERP’s.